• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any Injuries from skiing or boarding this past season

Bostonian

Earlier this season took a spill at Waterville on a box after not landing quite right on it... Ended up doing something to my shoulder which is still sore. But planning on getting back into the pool to start swimming to keep it nice and stretched out.

Riverskier

Dislocated shoulder April 26th at Sunday River. A couple more PT sessions and some daily exercises at home and I should be back on the mountain bike in a couple weeks.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Let's recap 2010 - 2011. What's the injury roster like? I was injury-free, luckily. (Yay!).

How about everyone else?

4aprice

Nothing major this year. (knock on wood) I did have an interesting bruise on my knuckles when I swung my arm forward for a pole plant and landed a solid punch into a tree. Never done that before but Ouch!

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

HowieT2

Torn ACL 3/20. easing up at the end of a run, hit a lip got a little air and landed in the back seat. Surgery 5/3. certified preowned acl doing well. mtn biking since the end of June. Cleared to ski as soon as there is snow. bring it on.

HD333

Tweaked ring finger. Jammed it dropping into a glade run mid season. Minor but the second knuckle will never be the same and it still hurts if I move it wrong. In the grand scheme of things I wouldn't even call it an injury but it reminds me it is there every now and then.

Tyrolean_skier

I took a bad fall in the upper Superstar woods at Killington on April 9 and dislocated my right shoulder. MRI showed that I had almost fully torn my rotator cuff and that I had nerve damage. I still cannot use my right ring finger and pinky since I just have tingling sensation in them. This injury prevented me from enjoying a lot more nice spring days. Had surgery for the torn rotator cuff on July 11. Am currently in a sling and doing PT. Doc told me the sling needs to stay on for 6 more weeks. I am hoping to be ready to go when the next ski season starts.

Riverskier

I had my annual shoulder dislocation in March, but not skiing this time. Simply reaching for something in the backseat of my car and it popped out. Missed 2 weekends due to that. The 2 Springs prior to this one, I dislocated it skiing. This was my 4th dislocation and the shoulder is compromised at this point, and will need surgery to fix it at some point. Now isn't the best time, so I am just trying to be careful. Still finished out the ski season and have been mt biking like crazy this Summer. I am ok as long as I don't fall!